This 5 Days Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth and Lake Bunyonyi Tour takes travelers to explore mountain gorillas in Bwindi and other wildlife species in Queen and relaxation at lake Bunyonyi. Bwindi harbors half of the remaining mountain gorillas in the world.<
Day 1: Pick up and transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park
On this day, you will be met by our company driver guide from Entebbe International airport and depart for Queen Elizabeth national park. You will have lunch en route. This exciting road trip will transverse you through African villages with green covered hills, tea plantations, banana plantations and African homesteads. You will arrive at the lodge late in the evening. You may do an evening game drive it time allows. All Meals are included.
Accommodation: Buffalo Safari Lodge
Day 2: Chimpanzee Trekking in Kalinzu Forest and Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
Have an early morning breakfast then go for a morning chimpanzee trekking in Kalinzu forest, you will be assigned to the local ranger guide who will take you to the forest for the primates quest. In the afternoon hours you will partake in a launch cruise along Kazinga channel. You will appreciate the high scores of Elephants, Hippos, Buffalos and crocodiles. A number of bird species will also be seen along including the rare shoe bill. All Meals are included.
Accommodation: Buffalo Safari Lodge
Day 3: Tree-climbing lions in Ishasha and transfer to Bwindi Gorilla land
Transfer through the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park on the way to Bwindi, and this area is known for its tree-climbing lions. In Ishasha we will drive off in this adventurous vast savannah area with Topis and African Elephants plus to hopefully get the Lions high in the fig tree branches. You will have lunch in Ishasha and continue with the transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Here you will experience a change in the landscape from flat savanna, via cultivated hills to jungle covered mountains. All Meals are included.
Accommodation: Haven’s Lodge Buhoma
Day 4: Gorilla tracking and transfer to Lake Mburo Bunyonyi
Early morning breakfast and proceed to the briefing point. Enjoy the highlight of your trip - Gorilla trekking, which may last from 2 to 6 hours depending on the group you are visiting. We trek through the rainforest and bamboo covered slopes, accompanied by a Uganda Wildlife Authority guide and other trackers, in search of a mountain Gorilla family. The walking can sometimes be tough and long, but when you catch a glimpse of the magnificent silverback, any discomforts will be quickly forgotten. Due to the nature of the activity, you will have packed lunch. After Gorilla trekking, you will drive through the terraced hills to the stunning lake Bunyonyi for a the canoe ride. All Meals are included.
Accommodation: Bunyonyi Rock Resort
Day 5: Transfer to Entebbe via Equator line
After breakfast, start on the long drive back to Entebbe with the memory of the great rare mountain Apes. Lunch en route and a stopover at the equator line for experimentation, arriving late in the evening to be dropped at the airport or your point of call.
Prices USD 2250 Per Person With Gorilla permit
The Price Includes;
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits (One per person, non-resident)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
The Price Excludes;
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
What to prepare for during the Gorilla trekking Activity
- Bwindi impenetrable national park requires hiking; you should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden. Your ranger guide will communicate designated time and place for such.
- We encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a minimum fee of $20 or UGX 50,000
Important information: Gorilla trekking is dependent on the availability of permits at the time of your booking. Gorilla permits in all the national parks of Uganda and Rwanda are in high demand; we advise that you book your tour well in advance to avoid disappointment. If gorilla permits are not available for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, it’s possible to see the mountain gorillas at Mgahinga Gorilla National Park which is 7 kilometres from the town of Kisoro in Uganda.